History

FIB Industries was established in 1946 by D.A. van Ekeren under the trade name Friesch Isolatiebedrijf D.A. van Ekeren. The company quickly developed into a specialized insulation company for the food and dairy industries in the north of the Netherlands.

 

The company grew steadily and moved to its current location at the Einsteinweg in Leeuwarden in 1970. Through the years, the company premises have grown with the construction of a number of large production buildings. FIB developed from an insulation company for the food and dairy industries into a renowned, worldwide player for complex stainless steel process equipment and pressure vessels.

 

Furthermore, FIB also specializes in manufacturing and installing stainless steel beer barrels and cellar beer systems. At the start of the nineteen nineties, FIB was sold by the Van Ekeren family to HBG, a subsidiary of HCG, and in the year 2000, GTI (now Cofely ENGIE) became the new owner of the company.

At the end of 2006, FIB became part of the Andus Group and the name was changed to FIB Industries.

FIB Industries now has approximately 150 employees and the company has an annual turnover of around € 25 million. This year, the company celebrates its 70th anniversary.